Glass Splashbacks – Types and Pros
Glass Splashbacks – Types and Pros. A shiny glaze mirror surface not only brightens up your house but also creates an immediate sense of space. No matter how much you modify your interior design, the mirror always complements the decor. Splashbacks provide a wonderful finishing to your kitchen or bathroom.
These days, glass splashbacks are functional and create a very attractive look. You are likely to see your reflection while you are in the kitchen as most of the people opt for glass splashbacks in order to protect their kitchen walls.
The splashbacks are made from ultra clear glass and most importantly, each toughened glass splashback is toughened so that it meets the requirements of Australian Standard AS1288 and also the splashbacks should be of minimum 6mm toughened glass.
There is a wide range of glass splashbacks, painted splashbacks, and mirror splashbacks, you can opt for any of the types depending upon your need. The splashbacks can be shaped to any design and it’s also possible to include the cut outs for electrical sockets.
- Painted Splashbacks are available in a wide range of colours, as coloured glass splashbacks are one of the perfect ways to enhance the colour and overall look of the kitchen.
- Glass splashbacks can be painted any Dulux or Taubmans color.
- Painted splashbacks enable the sense of luxurious atmosphere, the colour can be selected with the help of the colour swatch and then it can be compared with the home’s environmental and lighting conditions.
- The beauty of mirror splashbacks is that they can be used anywhere, however, they are particularly recommended for the wet places. They are considered ideal for bathrooms, kitchens and even outdoor kitchens or wet areas. As a matter of fact, being reflective in nature they make your place look bigger, open and brighter.
- Glass Splashbacks can be used behind the cooktop.
- Easy to maintain and keep clean.
There are numerous advantages of glass splashbacks and one of them is that there are very few or no joints. Glass Splashbacks – Types and Pros, Have a look at others:
- Glass splashbacks are very hygienic as the glass is impervious to water, bacteria or grease. They possess a sleek and smooth surface which makes them very easy to clean as the stains or marks can be easily wiped away with the help of sponge or cloth.
- As the splashbacks are made from the toughened glass, they are five times more impact resistant as compared to non toughened glass.
- They are also heat resistant, which means that the glass will never break due to heat and ensures your safety while you are cooking for hours.
- These splashbacks are more effective, durable and easily maintained than the tiles. The glass can be in the same condition for many years however the tiles need to be regularly re-grouted making it more expensive when considered in terms of purchase and maintenance.
A Glass splashback is very easy to install with the help of our easy calculators. You can easily locate the type of splashback and with the help of tools, you can have your splashback in the kitchen or bathroom in no time. With the help of Splashbacks Sydney, you can own a fascinating glass splashback at affordable prices and we also provide our extensive services in Sydney. Our professional and friendly staff is always there for your assistance.
Also, check out part 2 of Pros of installing splashbacks.
Location – Sydney
Keywords: Glass Splashback Sydney, Toughened Glass Splashback Sydney, Coloured Splashback Sydney, Mirror Splashback Sydney, Painted Splashback Sydney, Diy Splashback Sydney